I always like to come up with a grandiose New Year’s plan that I can spectacularly fail to achieve. This year’s, I have decided, is: blogging.
OK, so in actual fact I’m going to be keeping my sights set low so as to put no pressure on myself at all, but hopefully you’ll be reading rather more from me here on the Cartoon Blog.
Planned topics: My latest cartoon work, cycling exploits, the current state of the tide, and other sundry subjects, yet to become apparent, which merit investigation.
Any other suggestions as to interesting topics welcomed.
So why blogging, in 2018?
- I love a visual medium. This rules out podcasting, for instance.
- I like to have my own ‘home’ online. One that isn’t Facebook or Twitter, where I can do what I want and gather my best (and worst) work.
- I started blogging in 2002 (approx), and I really enjoyed the years when I was blogging the most.
- Cartooning is a solitary business, and I’m hoping writing a blog might give me more interaction.
- I hope that I can produce content that people might quite enjoy.
That’ll do for now. If you’d like to follow, there’s an RSS feed for people who know what one of those is, or you can get the posts delivered by email. Alternatively I’ll be posting new posts on my Twitter feed.
Thank you, and Happy New (blogging) Year!