Today we have been doing some DIY as it is a Bank Holiday weekend and that is what you do. (That is the link with the cartoon: Hard hats – DIY. Do you see?)
We are of the ‘Let’s leave it and see what happens’ school when it comes to Bank Holiday activity of the Do It Yourself variety.
- The windows on the front of the house need painting. We scrape some bits of paint off, but the wood underneath is a bit damp. It has been raining a lot recently. Maybe we should let it dry out. Let’s leave it and see what happens.
- The decking at the back needs painting. But what if it rains? It said it might if we are in the South East, which we sort of are. Maybe we shouldn’t start. Let’s leave it and see what happens.
- The climbing plant that grows over the front door looks like it might be dead at the top. Perhaps we should cut it back. But then again it might come back to life in the summer. Let’s leave it and see what happens.
- Those plants in the back garden are just the one year ones aren’t they? But what if they are the two year ones? Or the three year ones. Let’s leave them and see what happens.
- The gravel in the font garden needs redoing with the plastic sheet to stop the weeds. But perhaps we should do the windows first as doing the windows will mean a lot of trampling around in the front garden. Let’s leave it and see what happens.
- We need to go to the garden centre as we need some gravel and also some plants for the back garden which is looking a bit empty. Perhaps it will be busy though as it is the Bank Holiday weekend. Perhaps it will be even busier on Monday though as that is the actual Bank Holiday. Let’s leave it and see what happens.
[Endnote. I am pleased to report that one of these jobs did in fact get done. But now it is indeed raining so we have come inside to sit down and think about things.]