Notes on these notes
1) They are very rough notes.
2) At this point the bad news that Bishop Pete had been ‘withdrawn from active ministry’ had not become public.
3) Apologies to Riazat for the appalling picture.
4) At the end my notes faded away a bit. This is because before the service and the sermon are the only times that notes can really be made.
5) The story about the woman trying to bring in a flare (the kind you break in half to make a big light) is totally true. I think eccentric outdoor type rather than protester or terrorist.
6) I was off to the right, not the left. As you can tell a lot of the stuff I do is made up.
7) The Queen was there but I didn’t draw her. It’s probably treason or something.